Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contacts - Henri Cartier-Bresson Video

2 posters

Go down

Contacts - Henri Cartier-Bresson Video Empty Contacts - Henri Cartier-Bresson Video

Post by Nando Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:29 pm

A French photography documentary series called "Contacts" features the incomparable Henri Cartier-Bresson going over his contact sheets and discussing his approach to photography. A member of Rangefinderforum.com translated the video and created subtitles. (source thread) This is a great opportunity to see the contact sheets of a photographer that many consider to be the greatest and get a glimpse of how he really shot.

Here is the video (62mb):
http://photography.mayulive.com/priv/hcb/Contacts_Henri_Cartier-Bresson_subbed.avi
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down

Contacts - Henri Cartier-Bresson Video Empty Re: Contacts - Henri Cartier-Bresson Video

Post by Chako Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:26 pm

I downloaded it. I have seen it before and it was in French. Come to think of it, I remember seeing a few others of that series.
Chako
Chako

Back to top Go down

Contacts - Henri Cartier-Bresson Video Empty Re: Contacts - Henri Cartier-Bresson Video

Post by Nando Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Yes, I've seen it before too. This is a clip from a documentary. It featured contact sheets of other photographers too.

When I first saw HCB's contact sheets, it was quite a revelation. It profoundly changed the way I shoot. I no longer look for the "decisive moment" but for a pregnant moment.
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down