Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early one morning...

3 posters

Go down

Early one morning... Empty Early one morning...

Post by viewsthroughmylens Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:23 pm

After work this morning I decided to go out and try out the new lens. Wow....what a different look at the world. I also discovered that there aren't a lot of great places to take sunrise pictures in SSM.

Early one morning... 2304985647_438d011f7a

Early one morning... 2304983391_3c9e7c2e15

Early one morning... 2305779232_1451809c8d
viewsthroughmylens
viewsthroughmylens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/viewsthroughmylens/

Back to top Go down

Early one morning... Empty Re: Early one morning...

Post by Cujo Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:58 pm

I think you did find a great location to take the shots you just needed the right angles here. Hard to tell where though from not being there but definitely investigate this place more -- is this the Air Dale strip near the very end of Queen?

I'm liking the funky clouds and air trails visible in the first with the nice bright orange popping up. I didn't even notice the planes in that one for a bit as they are just lost in the treeline however.

I say go back, try some other unconventional areas to shoot. Your second and third shots are basically the same shot one landscape and one portrait, move around the planes (not sure how close you can get) maybe try shooting from the nose of one or something -- I'm not just throwing ideas out there.

It looks like you had the right idea, the right location just need to find that one missing piece to put it over the top and make people say wow.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nando Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:59 am

10mm is what in 35mm-speak? Around 16mm and a field of view of 100-110 degrees? Yes, I'd say it would definitely provide a differernt view of the world. I don't have a lens in the range 12-18mm focal lengths yet because I don't think I can get used to it. Right now 20mm is about the widest that I'm confortable with. Perhaps someday I'll get my a Voigtlander 15mm Heliar. You might want to look up a photographer by the name of Al Kaplan. He is a noteworthy photojournalist but he has a personal project where he utilizes a very wide 15mm Heliar lens to make evironmental self-portraits involving himself, of course, two stuffed monkeys and the people in his everyday life. It is quite interesting as he takes advantage his unique looks somewhat like Warhol did. AT&T stole his ideas and used similar photographs in an ad-campaign, even using stuffed monkeys. Al Kaplan was pretty clever in dealing with this. Instead of filing a lawsuit for damages, he raised the issue on his blog and placed some advertisments. He probably wouldn't get anywhere with a lawsuit but because his website got a large number of hits from the controversy, the ads on his blog generated some money for him.

Al Kaplan's Blog:
http://thepriceofsilver.blogspot.com/

Early environmental self-portraits and some professional PJ work:
http://photo.net/photos/Al_Kaplan
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down