Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting Locations

+3
mikef
Kenneth Armstrong
Cujo
7 posters

Go down

Shooting Locations Empty Shooting Locations

Post by Cujo Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:25 pm

(wasn't sure if this should go here or Q&A so move if need be)

I'm looking for some sweet outdoor locations for some shoot ideas I have and I'm basically stumped and thought maybe some of you will have ideas.

I don't want the general Gros Cap, Hiawatha Highlands (although I do plan on using a couple locations here if memory serves correctly), Bellevue Park, train yard, etc.

I'm looking for abandoned structures, either semi torn down houses/barns or still standing but abandoned and decrepit looking -- preferably not in the middle of a residential neighbourhood where people will be wondering WTF are these people doing. Also for abandoned machinery in the bush, this is possibly harder to find but I'd love old cars in the middle of no where but tractors and other type of machines could work as well.

I know there's two sweet looking houses just outside Iron Bridge but that's an hour east, about 2 hrs east there's an old car on the side of the highway but once again quite the trip for experimentation / quick shoot. So if anyone knows of anything closer to town in town it'd be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Shooting Locations Empty Re: Shooting Locations

Post by Kenneth Armstrong Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:41 pm

If you ever do want to make more of an excursion outside of town let me know. I'm not from up here originally so I don't really know where to go but am up for a good drive, especially once the spring comes.
Kenneth Armstrong
Kenneth Armstrong

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubbergorilla/

Back to top Go down

Post by mikef Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:52 pm

Yes, there are quite a few abandoned houses on the side of the highway heading east. I think about 4-5 just outside of Blind River. They get a lot of good evening sun. I've considered many times heading down there just to shoot them.
mikef
mikef

http://photos.mikefetherston.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Cujo Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Nobody has anything closer to town at all? HAHA.

The hour drives will be nice come the better weather but I'm looking at bringing people out and posing them with these structures as well. People are not as "into" photography as us for the most part and get antsy quickly, it'll be hard enough getting them to let me shoot them for an hour or so let alone drive an hour then set up, then shoot then an hour back.

Maybe when I'm big and famous they'll do it but now that I'm lame and beardy they won't.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Shooting Locations Empty run down shed

Post by mightymalibu Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:21 pm

On the corner of Korah and Moss right where the pond. There is a nice old shed in an open field that might look great under the right light....
mightymalibu
mightymalibu

Back to top Go down

Post by mikef Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:12 pm

There's also an abandoned structure behind the beer store on bruce street.. if you're lucky there will be train cars on the tracks as well.
mikef
mikef

http://photos.mikefetherston.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by mightymalibu Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:19 pm

lots of nice places to shoot, just have to really look.....
mightymalibu
mightymalibu

Back to top Go down

Post by mightymalibu Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:25 pm

I just bought a 2008 Rav4 that i have yet to take some pics of.....
mightymalibu
mightymalibu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cujo Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:29 pm

Hmm, I live just north of those tracks, cut through there when taking the hounds out walking often I'll have to check it out.

I think people (bands for example) posing by trains/tracks is overdone now though :S could be me.

I'll have to drive around one day and see what I can see.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nando Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:10 am

Personally, I'm not looking so much for things to shoot but for people to shoot. There is nobody out and about in this town. It is forcing me to rethink what I ought to be photographing and causing me to erratically explore different avenues, which at the moment, all seem very uncertain.
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down

Post by Cujo Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:05 am

Nando wrote:Personally, I'm not looking so much for things to shoot but for people to shoot. There is nobody out and about in this town. It is forcing me to rethink what I ought to be photographing and causing me to erratically explore different avenues, which at the moment, all seem very uncertain.

People is what I loved about my quick trip to Toronto at the end of August. First time I actually had a chance to shoot a busy street with activity and it was great. I was craving more.

I'm looking for people as well but people that I can direct which is a bit different then the people people doing people things. I'm slowly trying to build a wider portfolio.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Post by lakehouse Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:52 pm

I live just outside Bruce Mines on the water...so I know the area quite well...I will try to compile a list of locations over the next few days to post regarding old cars, barns, buildings, fences...anything that you may find interesting...I do know there was an old car on Hopper Road...just this side of Thessalon...only about a 2 minute drive in...and not far off the road at all...when the snow is gone I will have to see if the car is still there...its been there for years...so I can't imagine someone moving it. The old roads in behind Bruce Mines and Thessalon have alot of old barns, buildings and also unmaintained roads that may appeal to some...I'll make a more defined list!

lakehouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Cujo Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:58 pm

Sounds good. I'll be eagerly waiting this list.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Post by lakehouse Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:39 pm

Sorry for the delay...had a family death...but will get to the list as soon as possible!

lakehouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Cujo Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:58 pm

No worries and sorry to hear that.

The weather hasn't quite worked out yet.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzardskills Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:03 pm

Take a tour in behind Echo Bay go towards Olar there is lots of great old houses, barns/farms, if you wait till summer Primeau Lake area is nice. Aubrey falls/Tunnel Lake area is also beautiful but probably better when there are leaves on the trees. My friend and I used to drive down all the side roads near Carpin Beach etc...
lizzardskills
lizzardskills

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down