Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September 9, 2009 at 9:09

Go down

September 9, 2009 at 9:09 Empty September 9, 2009 at 9:09

Post by Nando Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:59 am

On September 9, 2009 at 9:09 a.m., Leica Camera AG is holding a press conference. Could it be the announcement of the M9? Very Happy

Some Leica dealers are confirming the rumour and even quietly taking pre-orders. Apparently the M9 will have a full-framed sensor, 18-20 MP from Kodak. The IR problem with the M8 is said to be resolved too - the M8 lacked an IR filter in front of the sensor which actually resulted in higher quality images but sometimes funky-looking blacks when shooting in colour. M8 users resorted to using (very expensive) IR-cut filters on each of their lenses. MSRP will be ... a lot. But its the same as the top-of-the-line Canon. I'm expecting (hoping) Leica dealers to offer the camera for lower price than MSRP.
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down

September 9, 2009 at 9:09 Empty Re: September 9, 2009 at 9:09

Post by Nando Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Got the following by email:

Leica to introduce "ground-breaking new products" on 09/09/09

Leica's CEO Rudi Spiller just announced the unveiling of new products on September 9th via Youtube!

Original text of the video:
On September 9th Leica will introduce a collection of ground-breaking new products designed and manufactured for all photographers, novice and professional alike.

Live Web Cast
Leica offers an online video webcast - if you want to attend live you have to register with your email address here:
http://www.webcasts.com/mdlk001/090909b/

Now, what am I'm expecting:

Like everyone else, a new M9 digital rangefinder - full frame, no IR filters needed. Basically what the M8 should have been in the first place.

I also predict, a new Digilux 3 - full frame (no micro-4/3rds!), EVF camera - this will be the proposed digital solution for those with Leica R lenses. All Leica - not Pana-Leica. Let's see if I'm right.

Perhaps a few point-and-shoot Pana-leicas.

This is a long shot, but perhaps an new film M (M7.2 perhaps) with the newer, faster electronic shutter from the M8.2/M9.
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down