Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others

3 posters

Go down

Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others Empty Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others

Post by Cujo Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:04 pm

Jes' dad is a firefighter and last Sunday they were doing some training at Bellevue Park for ice rescues. Jes went with the camera -- I had hockey to play and got some pics -- I showed up as hockey fizzled out and took some shots as well.

Once again playing in LR with them for some different results. Wasn't going to post here but the board is somewhat slow so figured any updates are nice.

#1 - Me Dancing on the shore -- shot by Jes
Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others 13apr08_ff1

#2 - Jes hanging out at the water's edge, not sure why I just liked it
Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others 13apr08_ff2

#3 - Boat out on the ice, one fireman in the water waiting to be rescued (shot by either Jes or myself, can't remember)
Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others 13apr08_ff3

#4 - I believe this was just coming out of the water
Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others 13apr08_ff4

#5 - Jes found a dead fish, she was intrigued
Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others 13apr08_ff5

#6 - Help from the Captain
Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others 13apr08_ff6

And there you have it. I know the PPing is all over the board but it was fun Wink.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others Empty Re: Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others

Post by bjotoole Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:20 pm

I like how you've changed up the PP styles for the different pictures. It's common to see people find a single PP style/fad they like and apply it to everything, even if it doesn't really fit the subject. The PPing is definitely obvious, like you said, but I'm digging it.
bjotoole
bjotoole

http://flickr.com/bjotoole

Back to top Go down

Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others Empty Re: Shots from last Sunday - FF Training and others

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:15 pm

I totally agree with bj.

Nice stuff...the PP adds a nice emotion to the photos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenneth Armstrong Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:44 pm

The boat wasn't in the water when I was there, you must have gotten there after me. I had my daughter in the car so I couldn't really get the pictures I wanted.

I think you got some really good coverage. The first shot with the boat is my favorite as well as the last shot, but they're all good. I'd love to see some without so much done in post.
Kenneth Armstrong
Kenneth Armstrong

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubbergorilla/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cujo Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:26 am

Thanks guys.

We were there preboat as well. Jes came and got me from my empty parking lot (where no one showed up for hockey) to tell me they were putting the boat in the water/on the ice. They drove it down from the Pine St marina I believe or possibly by the Bush Plane Museum.

I'll get some "not so processed" shots up later in the week (on nights right now, blech), the suits they were wearing were really bright yellow, the snow was extremely white and the sun was high noon so a lot of the shots were pretty blown out -- the last one on here was for example and that's why I toned it down the way I did in post.

I also went semi over the top on mine as I felt like I was preaching.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down