Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swing Into Spring - Two from Yesterday

5 posters

Go down

Swing Into Spring - Two from Yesterday Empty Swing Into Spring - Two from Yesterday

Post by Cujo Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Here's a couple quick shots from yesterday. My saves made them somewhat "yucky" if I'm using a technical term but I did it quick before coming into work tonight. Finally got out when that big bright orb was in the sky. Wasn't a day off but went out anyway.

#1. Tokina 10-17mm fisheye play -- first batch of shots I've taken with it. Real first batch blew up on my CF card. Jes hates her face in this but I like the whole feel of it. Sky needs work. Had no flash but fill flash would have been nice.
Swing Into Spring - Two from Yesterday 05apr08_swing1_sfw

#2. Canon 85 1.8. She's more of a fan of this one. I chopped her arm off. We wanted just a swing in the sky shot. Harder to do with that tight of a lens (or that puddly of a playground).
Swing Into Spring - Two from Yesterday 05apr08_swing2_sfw

I know they aren't technically the best and could use fill flash and some tweaks but it's been a bit so enjoy. Hoping to get out more in the next 4 days as I have them off (although the forecast sucks as usual).
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Swing Into Spring - Two from Yesterday Empty Re: Swing Into Spring - Two from Yesterday

Post by crowellphotographs Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:38 am

Looks like a fun day. Jess looks like she could eat that really little girl.
I like the shots, there's a great use of the fisheye in that first one. The sun is also well managed.
I'm not sure if you would want a fill for these, with the brightness of the shaded areas I wouldn't see much of a need. They're well lit "as is".
I'm not sure how much, if any pp was done to these images. but there seems to be some color ghosting in the dark to bright edges. I'm not sure if this is from either pp, jpeg compression (not really sure if that's possible), or chromatic aberration in the lens. I can't really see with such a small sample image.
crowellphotographs
crowellphotographs

http://crowellphotographs.com

Back to top Go down

Swing Into Spring - Two from Yesterday Empty Re: Swing Into Spring - Two from Yesterday

Post by Kenneth Armstrong Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:43 am

Yah those are a lot of fun. The fish shot is my favorite, but the 85mm shot is nice too. I just prefer the fish shot because it gives a lot more of the environment.
Kenneth Armstrong
Kenneth Armstrong

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubbergorilla/

Back to top Go down

Post by bjotoole Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:25 pm

I'm digging Jess' boots Smile I could've used a pair on my walk through the locks the other day. Anyway, I really enjoyed the shot taken with the fisheye... The colours look pretty wild.
bjotoole
bjotoole

http://flickr.com/bjotoole

Back to top Go down

Post by Cujo Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:58 pm

I semi over played with some quick processing and that's why there's some funky colours. Still playing around with different techniques etc.

You don't realize it when using the fish for a shot like that as you're staring through the view finder but wearing a helmet or full body protection is strongly advised. I was lucky that I was nice to her earlier in the day or else she could have booted me pretty easily. I have a few more I'll post up in a bit (could be later tonight that also are fun fishy shots where you can play with the effect of it).

Like I said before in another thread. If you can pull it off in the right situation it def adds some spunk to an otherwise normal shot.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Post by viewsthroughmylens Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:19 pm

I really like the first shot. Great colours. Looks like you had a great time!
viewsthroughmylens
viewsthroughmylens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/viewsthroughmylens/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down