Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue on a Signed Contract...

Go down

Issue on a Signed Contract... Empty Issue on a Signed Contract...

Post by akaishuu Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:44 am

Issue on a Signed Contract...
Hello Everyone,

I appreciate any helpful responses. I am a little new at this. RecentlyI was ask to be volunteer photographer for an Acrobatic Theatre show. Iwent to the rehearsal and performances shooting photos. It was a friendwho was in the show, who had mentioned my name to the director, so itwasn't just random email. They said I would be credited on the websiteand promotional ad. So In one of the nights shooting, the director cameup to me and apologized about this late "contract" I had to sign. Butit was kind of strange, it wasn't an official contract, it was really aprinted out Word Document. But anyway it stated.

"By signing this [color:1772=#990000 ! important][color:1772=#990000 ! important]document,I hereby agree to these terms and conditions in regards to photos andor video footage acquired during Aerial Acrobat Entertainment'sproduction of Under the Big Top.

-All photos and or video footage maybe used for promotional use only, not for profit
-Prior to use of any photos or videos for promotional use, a writtenrequest must be provided to Aerial Acrobat Entertainment for approval. "

It understand it was unprofessional to have me signing something in themidst of the process but I also know that this was a small company andthe director haven't done this too many times, plus it was a friend whorecommended me. None the less, I called my friend who was moreknowledge about this kind of stuff and ask him about it.

It basically came down to this, If i signed it, it would protect me ifthey decided to sell any photos of mine and It would certainly protecttheir image if I were to sell any of these photos. I would be usingthese photos for personal portfolio as long as it wasn't for profit. ORI could go tell them to go Fck themselves, leave in the midst of myphoto shoot and leave in bad terms and probably no connections I'vealready established.

I don't know, I'm still a kind of new and maybe I got haggled but Iended up signing. The director was sincerely happy and reallyapologetic about it. I walked away with seven business cards andeveryone thanking me. I'm not here to screw anyone over or get a betterend of a deal, I just came to shoot photos and this "contract" was a areal curve ball.

But I looked over this "contract" again and realized its really kind of general
"-Prior to use of any photos or videos for promotional use, a writtenrequest must be provided to Aerial Acrobat Entertainment for approval."

does that mean I need permission to promote myself? Can I not postthese photos on Online? website flickr etc? I know I can't sell themfor profit but what if I were to "donate" a photo? The situation isreally hanging over my head. I think I took many great photos but itseems I have to clarify a negative connotation to them. What are someof your opinions?

destination management company
??? ?????

akaishuu

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum