Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to spend smart and save wisely

2 posters

Go down

How to spend smart and save wisely Empty How to spend smart and save wisely

Post by mrthought Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:35 am

How to Spend Smart and Save Wisely

In today's economy everyone could use a little help in learning how to handle finances better. We live in a time of instant gratification and often forget some of the best things in life are not instant. There are many books out there to teach you how to be a savvy spender, but in order to obtain that information you have to purchase a twenty dollar book. Here is a great way to get you spending less and learning to save more, with a reward at the end!

Think to yourself of something that you have been wanting, something that is not too expensive yet still costs enough that you haven't had the extra cash to purchase it. Now, make a plan that every time you go out to purchase something keep a pen and paper with you for a log. When you go to the grocery store instead of buying the name brand product, try the store brand or at least a less expensive kind than you normally buy, and write the difference in price on your log.

If the peanut butter you normally buy is $2.50 and the brand you chose to buy today was $2.00 than you would write $0.50 on your log. Continue to do this for the month. One time grocery shopping and you could have quite a list. Do this with everything you purchase. If you decide to drink a cup of coffee at home instead of buying one from Starbucks than $6.00 should go on your log. Once you reach the end of the month add up how much money you saved by purchasing an alternative product. This amount of money can now go toward the purchase of the item you envisioned wanting. You learn how little bits here and there add up quickly, and hopefully you instilled new shopping habits within yourself by doing so.

By switching the brand of diapers I used, I saved $60.00 a month! In one year that totals $720.00. That is a small vacation! Some other ways to save money are by looking at your monthly bills. Do you really watch all 600 channels on your TV package? What if you downsized your package? How much could you save in a year? I looked at my cell phone plan and noticed that my husband and I were adding 500 minutes a month to our rollover account. That was a sign that we had too many minutes and were wasting our money on an expensive rate plan. So I lowered our rate plan and saved us $240.00 a year. I also called our insurance company, by switching to a different carrier; we saved $480.00 a year.

There is money like this waiting for you to take it back. Don't assume that you are always getting the best deal, because sometimes you are not. Be creative and come up with ways to cut back on your expenses. After you purchase the item that you worked so hard to save for, keep up the good work just start putting that money into savings. When you lower that cell phone bill from $80 to $60, put the extra $20 in savings. You never knew that money was gone anyways. Retirement isn't instant and neither is paying off an unexpected medical bill, so try to be prepared. Companies will gladly take your money and they work hard at trying to find ways to do so. It is important to be a smart consumer, so that we do not end up just throwing our money out the window.

Targeted Email Marketing
web design sydney

mrthought

Back to top Go down

How to spend smart and save wisely Empty Re: How to spend smart and save wisely

Post by akaishuu Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:25 pm

We are all aware of the benefits of exercise, but for college students who are stressed, overworked and over scheduled, finding the time to fit regular workouts into an already over booked schedule can seem all but impossible. With a little creativity, resourcefulness and a will to find a way, it is possible to incorporate exercise into your day regardless of how busy and over booked you are.
Theo chân huyền thoại
---
computer repairs
Computer Support

akaishuu

Back to top Go down

Post by akaishuu Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Instead of taking elevators to upper floors in buildings where you have classes, or the library or anywhere else you go on campus, walk up and down the stairs. If you do it often enough, you will get a little bit of aerobic exercise without even having to spend the money to join a gym. It's something very easy to do and doesn't require money or equipment.
Tiếp bước huyền thoại!
free advertising
online marketing

akaishuu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down