Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the CN Rail Yard in Hornepayne

3 posters

Go down

At the CN Rail Yard in Hornepayne Empty At the CN Rail Yard in Hornepayne

Post by Nando Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:14 pm

I took a work-related trip up to Hornepayne on the first week of October. These are from an accessible area on the CN rail yard there where the old abandoned station is located. Taken with my Leica MP and 35mm f/2 Summilux-M ASPH on Tri-X rated 200 ISO and developed in HC-110 dilution B.

At the CN Rail Yard in Hornepayne 3999209691_01b6fa9e95_o

At the CN Rail Yard in Hornepayne 3999208879_0082f2de29_o

At the CN Rail Yard in Hornepayne 4004106430_ce9972e9cb_o
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down

At the CN Rail Yard in Hornepayne Empty Re: At the CN Rail Yard in Hornepayne

Post by Kenneth Armstrong Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:41 am

Certainly looks like a lonely place.
Kenneth Armstrong
Kenneth Armstrong

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubbergorilla/

Back to top Go down

Post by crowellphotographs Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:57 am

These are so.... velvety.

I like the lighting of the first shot, but the second one's got something captivating within the road. I think it's partly the framing and perfect focal length selection and also the smooth tones.

Really nice stuff. I'm also a big fan of your mid-tone selection for all three.
crowellphotographs
crowellphotographs

http://crowellphotographs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nando Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:13 pm

Ken,
Hornepayne has a population of roughly 1000 but to me it looked a lot less than that. The newer station seemed quite busy. I didn't photograph it though as it didn't look very interesting.

Colin,
Thanks. I should have given those pot holes more attention. I only took two shots from this side of the building. It was about the time that I noticed that my lenscap was missing and I began looking for it. I shouldn't have worried so much about such a silly thing and kept on taking shots.

I didn't do much to the first two shots except set black and white points. They're both pretty much the way it my Coolscan V scanned it off the negatives. The negatives were nice - Tri-X in HC-110 gives nice results all the time. The third one, for some reason, kept coming out very flat - almost everything was basically middle-grey. Yet, the negative looked pretty good. I wasn't sure what was up with my scanner there. I had to do some of dodging and burning on the third one to get it presentable.

35mm is a very nice focal length and suitable for most situations. I decided to take one camera and one lens - the Leica MP and 35f2 Summicron-M ASPH. I figured that I couldn't go wrong with that.
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down