Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve

4 posters

Go down

Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve Empty Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve

Post by crowellphotographs Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:28 pm

Well, that's not 100% true. I did show these once during a short group show in Ottawa. Unfortunately, my regular gallery would not display them as they were not considered marketable.

It's been pretty quiet in here so I figured there should be some spice added.

This small series was motivated by the loss of a close friend I had known since grade school.
Though I'm in now way a writer, I showed these with a small Foreword. I hope no one is bothered by this; It's meant to be a reminder to live life to the fullest.

(Untitled)

Unrobed on a pedestal, we wait quietly to be attended to. Where once,
selfconciousness would have rosed our cheeks... we are finally at peace.
Fluorescent lights hued so far from our sun’s true colour so to
never allow the mortician to forget that he is not in a place of life (nature).
It is on this table that we are stripped of humanity. Job, Money, Friends, Family.
None of what we treasure lays here with us.
The seemingly eternal cold of stainless steel, now in direct contact with soft,
rarely exposed skin.

This table will never warm up.

Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve Pf1thumb14

Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve Pf1thumb15Modest

Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve Pf1thumb17

Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve Pf1thumb16Modest
crowellphotographs
crowellphotographs

http://crowellphotographs.com

Back to top Go down

Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve Empty Re: Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve

Post by Kenneth Armstrong Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:33 pm

Great to see something a little different. I am not as well versed in fine art photography as I probably should be but this is an interesting series. It certainly makes me think... how cold the slab would be against the skin but that you'd never feel it. I think I like that they're aware of the camera, not really playing dead.
Kenneth Armstrong
Kenneth Armstrong

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubbergorilla/

Back to top Go down

Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve Empty Re: Series I've never shown - Adam & Eve

Post by crowellphotographs Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:08 am

Thanks Ken.
It was a lot darker than anything I'd ever shot before. I used to get embarrassed showing it to people because of that.
I'm not that versed in fine art myself, I just shot this to get some stuff off my chest. I had a good feeling about the series when people either reacted quite positively or with absolute disgust. From what I understand, that's the only requirement of fine art. lol.
crowellphotographs
crowellphotographs

http://crowellphotographs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenneth Armstrong Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:56 am

It is a bit dark... if you posted it on DeviantArt you'd probably be worshipped as some kind of genius. Very Happy
Kenneth Armstrong
Kenneth Armstrong

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubbergorilla/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nando Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:01 pm

I think that they are very good. Like Ken I also noticed that the subjects are aware at the camera. I think that's good. It somewhat signifies that the soul is aware even when the body is limp. It is another thing that ties these photos together.

I once heard someone, who is supposed to be an expert due to an MFA, say that art was only art when it's on an art-gallery wall.... Very Happy with a tongue in cheek.
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down

Post by thirdfloorgirl Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Love the words, and each of the shots. It's beautiful in a morbid way.
thirdfloorgirl
thirdfloorgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down