Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herbert Keppler, RIP

2 posters

Go down

Herbert Keppler, RIP Empty Herbert Keppler, RIP

Post by Nando Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:52 pm

I don't know how many people read Herbert Keppler's columns but I was a very big fan of his. This is a bit late but I think it is worth mentioning. On January 5th of this year, Herbert Keppler passed away at 82. For the last 20 years or so, his column appeared in Popular Photo. (With Keppler gone, there is now no reason to buy that magazine anymore, as far as I'm concerned.) Pentax fans know him for his book, "The Pentax Way", which is considered the bible for all things Pentax up until the auto-focus era. It was the Pentax equivalent of the infamous Leica Manual. Herbert Keppler also wrote "The Nikon Way," which is similar in scope to "The Pentax Way" and is also regarded very highly among Nikon fans. There was a book called "The Leica Way" but it was not authored by Keppler but by Andrew Matheson.

Herbert Keppler was a photography enthusiast and was one of the true down-to-earth, enthusiastic and most rational photography writers in the business. Few like Keppler are left in the business.

Here's a little to Popular Photo's article announcing his passing.
http://www.popphoto.com/popularphotographyfeatures/4980/herbert-keppler-1925-2008.html

Herbert Keppler's blog featuring many of his excellent articles for Pop Photo:
http://keppler.popphoto.com/

I very much hope that Pop Photo will leave Keppler's article's online and keep adding more older articles from the archives as they are an invaluable resource to all photographers and photography enthusiasts.
Nando
Nando

Back to top Go down

Herbert Keppler, RIP Empty Re: Herbert Keppler, RIP

Post by Chako Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:40 pm

I grew up reading his articles.

A sad day indeed. Sad
Chako
Chako

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum