Sault Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How-To: Post Images From Flickr (Two Techniques)

3 posters

Go down

How-To: Post Images From Flickr (Two Techniques) Empty How-To: Post Images From Flickr (Two Techniques)

Post by Cujo Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:56 pm

As we know part of Flickrs user agreement is that when you post a picture from Flickr you need to link back to that original picture page. This also aids with getting more exposure for the photographer/contributer and possibly getting your stream viewed more. I remember reading someone on here asking how to do this with the BBCode as well (Flickr by default gives you HTML code so here's how you can do it).

What you need:
Firefox (web browser): http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
Greasemonkey add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
AllSizes+ script: http://www.flickr.com/groups/flickrhacks/discuss/72157594303798688/

I'm going to assume we're all surfing with Firefox right now, why wouldn't we be Wink if not install it now.

1. Go to the greasemonkey link above and install the script. You will then be prompted to restart Firefox.
2. After the restart going to the AllSizes+ plugin page and install the script -- I'm not sure if you'll need to restart Firefox here but I did as I was confused on getting it working for a bit.
3. Go to your Flickr site and find a photo you'd like to add. Clicking the "All Sizes" link once should create a mini popup window over the image.
4. In this little popup you'll see a textarea with code in it (this by default on the first time is the HTLM code), above the text area on the right are icons that allow you to change the code -- select the square brackets [] and it will turn it into BBCode for posting on the site.
5. If you want to change which size you are posting click on the options top left.
6. Copy the code and paste it into the window on the board.

Sample below using BBCode and selecting "medium":

How-To: Post Images From Flickr (Two Techniques) 1289979656_f230b7c846

Last edited by Cujo on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

How-To: Post Images From Flickr (Two Techniques) Empty Re: How-To: Post Images From Flickr (Two Techniques)

Post by Cujo Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:25 pm

As an amendment to this I also found another script that works after you tweak it a bit (I had to but it might work for how you surf flickr, it didn't work for me until I realized the change).

Step 1 same as above.
2. Install Flickr BBCode Generator script from: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/4771
3. Go to your user page on Flickr (where you see your photos) and right click on the Greasemonkey icon found in the bottom right hand side of Firefox's status bar (face of a monkey). All active scripts on flickr will show at the top. If you do not see it list Flickr BBCode Generator click on Manage User Scripts then select Flickr BBCode
4. Under Included Pages select Add... and hit OK on the new window that pops up as it should default to flickr.com/*/*
5. Click on All Sizes on the picture you'd like to add to the forum (you may have to double click All Sizes if you have the AllSizes+ script installed. Now under the usual HTML link code you will see the BBCode to insert into the forum.

Example using a Medium size picture from my Flickr site:
How-To: Post Images From Flickr (Two Techniques) 1323748549_60fcbf3d54
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

How-To: Post Images From Flickr (Two Techniques) Empty Re: How-To: Post Images From Flickr (Two Techniques)

Post by Cujo Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Also if these instructions aren't clear enough and you need clarification or screen caps let me know and I can work on something.
Cujo
Cujo

Back to top Go down

Post by kayv Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Does the flirk need to pay cash to lasting ? I hear some one said it need to be buy cash to charge in to lasting long time !

kayv

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyPenny Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks for the information. I have been making life much harder on myself than it needs to be. I often have to post photos for my online classes. This information has helped me out a great deal.
photographer

PrettyPenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down